Crew recognizes the energy driving our production and success comes from our people.
We believe in an engaged, motivated, and empowered workforce. Central to this belief and imperative at Crew is our meaningful and positive contribution to the communities in which we operate. Crew strives to foster open, honest, and supportive relationships with Indigenous, First Nations, and Métis Peoples and the communities impacted by Crew’s operations.
Integral to Crew’s operations is a strong safety culture. Nothing is more important than protecting our ‘crew’ and ensuring the safety of our employees, contractors, and communities.
Crew is committed to constant improvement focusing on training, emergency preparedness, open communication, and a consistent safety message reinforced by our leadership.
By providing a supportive and inclusive environment that values a diversity of skills, backgrounds, cultures, and thought, Crew encourages employees to take ownership of their work and contributions.
“It’s all about people” – Dale O. Shwed, President and CEO
2021 Social Highlights
full-time and permanent employees
of employees have been with Crew for five or more years
since inception in 2003
with no lost-time injuries
of employees comprised of women
of employees comprised of women in professional and leadership roles
of independent board members are women
donated to charities and local community groups and initiatives since 2017
university students received training and mentorship from Crew over the last five years
Fostering our people and taking steps to do what’s right for Crew employees, partners, stakeholders and the communities in which we operate
Our People, Our Crew
- Treat our employees as family.
- Aim to ensure Crew is a fun and rewarding place to work, learn and grow.
- Constantly exploring opportunities to improve our health and safety program.
- Supporting ongoing training and development for personal and professional growth.
- Supporting field operations and execution teams through on-site management support and promotion of continuous improvement.
- Target at least 20 contractor audits per year through Crew’s contractor auditing program.
- Promote open and consistent dialogue with regulatory bodies and stakeholders.
- Continue to support and invest in Indigenous and First Nations businesses and joint ventures.