In early 2021, Crew engaged both internal and external stakeholders to provide input on the issues that matter most to them.
This engagement with stakeholders aims to ensure that we are focusing on and making a meaningful difference in the areas that are material to our Company’s success. The results of the engagement were visually presented in a Materiality Matrix that identifies topics that have a material impact on the success of Crew’s business and is of high importance and interest to Crew’s stakeholders. Using the survey results and best practices guidance from frameworks such as Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”) and Global Reporting Initiative (“GRI”), Crew has identified and prioritized the following material topics.
- GHG & Emission Management
- Protecting Land, Water & Wildlife
- Minimizing Fresh Water Use
- Facility Integrity Management
- Produced Water Minimization
- Abandonment & Restoration
- Health & Safety of Employees, Contactors, and Communities
- Respecting the Community
- Indigenous Support and Outreach
- Indigenous Engagement
- Government and Regulatory Engagement
- Shareholder and Lender Engagement
- Having Fun and Being Rewarded
- Fostering a Sense of Belonging
- Fiscal and Financial Responsibility
- Risk Mitigation (Integrity and Financial Risks)
- Ethical Governance
- Respectful and Inclusive
- Board Composition and Diversity
- Whistleblower Policy
Our Alignment with the UN SDGs
In 2015, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations (“UN”) which includes 17 Sustainable Development Goals (“SDGs”).
As part of addressing the role Crew has to play within the broader context for sustainability, we have identified the following SDGs that we believe are the most material issues for our business, as determined through our materiality assessment, and that we can influence directly:
Life on Land
We minimize the disturbance of land, wildlife, and water and continuously seek innovative ways to ensure areas around our operations are protected. Crew is dedicated to removing environmental footprints created by our operations and restoring abandoned sites to their natural habitats.
Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
We adhere to the highest standards of corporate governance that drive shareholder value.